Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Short Story

Hit a deer with my car on Thursday night. Been thinking about a new car anyway and had already shopped quite thoroughly. It was already narrowed down to two possibilities: the new Ford Fusion or a used Lexus IS300. With this new development (killing Bambi) there was an increased urgency for a new vehicle. Saturday morning was the day to gather more information. I test drove both cars and made a decision . . .

Are you ready for the exciting conclusion? . . . On Saturday afternoon I bought a Nissan Titan. That’s right, a full-size, half-ton pickup truck.

I had spent the last several months carefully researching potential vehicles, narrowed it down to two distinct options and then went ahead and pulled a 360 on myself. Could any vehicle be as opposite from a Lexus IS300 as a Nissan Titan?? (rhetorical question, but just in case, the answer is no).

I feel like I just got done spinning around a bat on my forehead. You know when you were a kid and you stood a baseball bat on end, put your forehead on it and spun around as fast as you could and then tried to walk or run straight? That is just what I feel like today -- dazed and disoriented, yet with an uncontrollable urge to giggle about the whole thing.